Saturday 18 December 2010

Irritant of the day: Damn you UK.

Today I was annoyed that I couldn't get anywhere in the south east of the UK. Yes this is a rudimentary snow related post...but I had planned to go see my friend and his band headline a club. I wouldn't have had a problem getting there during the day...but I would not have been able to get back home. The last train was scheduled for 10.16pm  which didn't cover the gig. Perhaps in warmer circumstances we could have waited around to the first train at 5-6am...but with freezing temperatures and no where to go inside it would have been silly, also considering the trains could get cancelled tomorrow.

Yeah it seems Christmas may actually be cancelled this year...people without loved ones...and the important ordered gifts...hopefully family spirit kicks in and we can all start travelling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment