Sunday 16 January 2011

Moan of the day!

I have been for a trip to the local express shop (cough Tesco cough), and was outraged by the service and standard of the place.

Rubbish everywhere, leaking fridges and receipts just floating about.

They also had decided to cut off the queue for anyone who wanted to use a till with a normal human being, instead it was in the scan pack and pay queue. One member of staff was on the tills, one just standing around counting bits up and 2 machines. There was a queue of at least 15 people who all happened to be men.

You didn't have a choice to whether you wanted a human or machine to do the adding up. I had a full basket, and was forced to the scan pack and pay by the security guard (yes it is that bad).
I had to put all my items through individually by myself, while the person behind me in the queue got the human to serve him for just one item. Surely it would have made more sense for him to be using the scan pack and pay not me.
Even worse I had the usual message of 'unexpected item in the bagging area' which was a bag.

This wasn't making my life easier, what is wrong with a checkout person. They have to have someone to fix the problems of the machines constantly and also if you want cigarettes or alcohol it takes just as long to get verified, and you need an assistant to get them behind the counter anyway.

Rant over!

No comments:

Post a Comment